Wednesday, October 21, 2015
In this book and movie quiz, you have to name either the character, the movie, the book, the author, the director, or the setting, depending on the question. Each correct answer gets 5 points. The winner is the person with the most points at the end (10/24/15). If the book was made into a movie or the movie was based on a book, and you spot it, let us know in your answers, you get double points for that question! Also, some questions have a bonus round you can answer, to gain more points!
Answers should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and don't post them here!
The contest ends midnight Saturday, October 24, 2015.* The winner will be announced here on my blog and on my FB author page. In case of a tie, each participant will be asked a tie breaker question, until the winner is determined.
And what, you ask, is the prize? The first prize winner will get a $10 Amazon gift card, a copy of my latest ebook, The Midnight Effect, along with a Midnight Effect pin and a Midnight Effect magnet. Second prize will get a copy of The Midnight Effect, along with a Midnight Effect pin and a Midnight Effect magnet.
Ready to start?
1. Who directed the movie An American Werewolf in London?
Bonus! What city was the setting for the second An American Werewolf movie?
2. In the movie, The Howling, the psychiatrist sends the heroine and her husband to this secluded resort in the countryside where he sends patients for treatment. Name the resort.
3. In my story Beneath A Midnight Sea, name my Selkie warrior hero.
4. Temptation comes in many forms. In this 2007 movie, teenage werewolf Vivian has been promised to Gabriel. But when Aiden, an American (human) in Romania researching werewolves for the next edition of his magazine, meets Vivian, they fall in love. Name the movie.
5. What is the name of the werewolf series written by author N.J. Walters?
Bonus! Name at least three of her heroes.
6. Who wrote the wonderfully humorous dragon shapeshifter romance, Dragon Actually?
7. I wrote my own (less humorous) dragon shapeshifter story, entitled____________?
8. Name the type of shapeshifters portrayed in the movie, LadyHawke. (The title should give you a hint at one in case if you never saw the flick).
9. What city is the setting for the 1982 movie, Cat People?
10. In Shelley Laurenston's book Wolf With Benefits, name at least two other types of shifters that appear in the book.
Bonus! Name the series.
11. In my El Lobizon series, I pit two rival packs against the other, The Dayshifters and The Wolfen. The series explores the differences between the classic werewolf and the animal shapeshifters commonly found in books and movies today. Name at least one difference between the two types of shifters.
Bonus! Can you name the second book in my EL Lobizon series (slated for release this winter).
12. What type of animal shapeshifters are in my story The Deal Breaker?
13. Just for fun, I wrote an animal mash-up character in my short story Stroke It. Can you name what type of wild hybrid hero I created?
Bonus! Can you name his occupation?
**Must be 18+ to enter. The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Contest void where prohibited by law. It is the participant’s responsibility to check the blog to see if their name is announced as a winner, and contact Cassandra Curtis.com in order to claim the prize. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of contest winning announcement. If not claimed within 30 days, the prize will either be added to another contest, or a second chance drawing at my discretion. Not responsible for lost/stolen mail.
Friday, October 16, 2015
Hide your virgins...AGAIN! The original Bad Boys are BACK and they're hotter than ever!
These are not your mother's Vikings. Seven biker, shifter, sci-fi and paranormal Viking erotic romances: modern, sexy versions of the original alpha male bad boy heroes.
Viking Claimed by NYT and USA Today bestselling author Kate Pearce.
Awakening from four thousand years encased in ice in an alien world is not how Viking warrior Aki Bloodaxe imagined his life would be. His twin Einarr is his only contact with his old world. Can Aki come to terms with his new existence, find bonded mates to help him survive, and learn that the power of love is beyond the limits of time?
Bound by the Viking by NYT and USA Today bestselling author Anne Marsh.
Being a werewolf's mate sucks, but Bera doesn't have a choice--until a big, brutish, and thoroughly pissed-off Viking crashes into her cave and rescues her. He may be hot and their chemistry off-the-charts good, but she's done with domination games and alpha males.
Colden isn't a nice guy--and he likes it that way. His rules are simple. Hit hard, fight mean, and defend what's his. But when the Viking berserker rescues a sexy little werewolf and her pack names Colden as her new mate, the rules change. She wants to bargain for her freedom. He wants to keep her. Forever.
Viking Desire by Crystal Jordan.
Viking god of thunder and bear-shifter Thor has been married to earth goddess Sif for millennia, but tragedy and betrayal tore them apart long ago. Now husband and wife in name only, they avoid each other as often as possible.
Too bad they're still in love--though they'd never admit it.
But ancient prophecies are beginning to turn against them, leaving them no more room for misgivings. The apocalypse is coming, and unless they work together, they don't stand a chance against their enemies.
Can they learn to trust again, or will the end of the world consume them both?
Viking's Pride by Holley Trent.
When Will Valle returns to the Viking community of Norseton, he not only offers black sheep Erin Petersen the possibility of a exciting job in spite of her weak psychic gifts, but a chance to explore the world outside the isolated community. In the midst of the sexual awakening her brooding geek ignites, Erin learns that her "weirdness" might exist for a sinister reason. She's prepared to confront it with Will's help, but the revelations they uncover might shake the Afótama clan to its core.
The Wild Fen by Dayna Hart.
Magic binds Fen to protect Thora, the very sexy daughter of a god who has no idea who her father is or the danger she's in. Magic does not account for how damned much he wants her in his bed--or anywhere else he can have her.
Thora absolutely should not get involved with her boss's brother. But when he's assigned as her bodyguard, she can't avoid--or resist--him. Trusting him isn't part of the bargain.
But when she comes into her powers, trusting him might be the only way to save them both.
A Most Wanted Viking by Sela Carsen.
A spy and a werewolf walk into a firefight...
Andrew Wyatt thinks all he has to do is bring a scientist back into the fold. He doesn't count on a sizzling hot alien wolf shifter getting in his way, and getting under his skin.
The last thing Ule tärEinar needs is a tall blond spy interfering with her life. She may not trust Andrew, but that doesn't stop the sparks from flying around them.
Once they do learn to trust, they'll need each other to survive an invasion that could draw their two allied cultures into a war neither can afford.
A Viking's Bride by NYT and USA Today bestselling author Zoe York.
When Aldric Gunter shows up and offers Navena Johnson an easy way off the prison planet she's stuck on, the answer should be an easy yes. But when the next thing she needs to say is "I do", the choice gets more complicated, because the Viking warrior wants a high price for the marriage of convenience--he wants her heart.
99¢ for a limited time!
Kindle US: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B015AD1C4O/
Kindle UK: http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B015AD1C4O/
Friday, October 2, 2015