With NaNoWriMobehind me and a manuscript far from finished, it's a good time before the worst of the holiday craziness hits, to check out a few writing craft books and polish up my prose. Writing craft books also make wonderful gifts for the writer in your life. :hint hint: lol
Today I'm sharingthe latest craft book from my good friend Bryn Donovan.
Master Lists for Writers: Thesauruses, Plots, Character Traits, Names, and More
Write faster...write more! Master Lists for Writers makes “show, don’t tell” a lot easier and helps you figure out your story more quickly. In this book, you’ll find:
• lists of phrases for describing facial expressions, body language, gestures, physical appearance, and emotions
• 175 master plot ideas, including romance, high-stakes, family, and workplace stories
• lists of words for writing action scenes and love scenes
• inspiration for figuring out character traits and quirks, backstories, occupations, motivations, and goals
• lists for describing settings and writing dialogue
• lists of good character names for contemporary stories...plus medieval England, Regency England, Wild West, and WWII settings
• and more!
Whether you’re writing novels or short fiction, screenwriting, or any other kind of storytelling, Master Lists for Writers is a rich source of inspiration you’ll turn to again and again. This book contains adult language.