Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Snaps to Share and AGT

As those of you who follow me on Facebook and at the Midnight Moon Cafe know, I love being a mermaid and do it every chance I get.  I also love to read from my books. But especially fun is when I have the opportunity to introduce new readers to the erotic romance sub-genre.

Yesterday afternoon, I slipped into SL and read selections from my Shifting Tides trilogy and my latest ebook, The Deal Breaker.

Hopefully I gained a few new converts to the erotic side of romance. :D


Last night was also the YouTube performances on America's Got Talent. I was thrilled to see some of the acts I loved make it onto the stage.

The kid who played classical piano was amazing and so gifted. I tried to play piano when I was eleven and failed miserably. lol.

The maniacal magician that Sharon said was edgy, was indeed very much on the cutting edge with his tricks and had Howie running for cover when a piece of dental floss sailed his way. Sharon was laughing so hard, I bet she peed herself. :P

But the night wasn't over and the last contestant was worth the wait. OMGawd! Never have I heard a voice so pure, so mature, so crystalline, and coming from a —what? A ten or twelve year old? OMGawd! I had chills coursing down my spine and gooseflesh on my arms. Ya'll may have just witnessed the reincarnation of Sarah Bernhardt or Maria Callas, I kid you not. Others have accused the kid was lip-synching and that wasn't her voice.

Well, tonight is the results show and I am eager to see who gets eliminated and who moves on to the semi-finals. Personally, I think it should be Jackie Evancho (the little girl with the huge voice), and the kid who played classical piano, then to round out the top three, I would choose the edgy magician who scared the shit out of Howie and made Sharon roll out of her chair and practically fall to the floor in giggles. lol.

Just my opinion. Did you watch last night? What did you think of the performances? Who is your pick to move on to the next round?

2 comments:

Heather said...

I don't watch this or any other "reality" show, but I did catch a snippet of her performance on yesterday's evening news and thought her voice amazing. Reminds me of a young Charlotte Church or Hayley Westenra.

Cassandra said...

I am not much on reality TV shows either. I watch three actually. AGT, Ghost Hunters (TAPS), and Ghost Hunters International. If nothing else better is on, I will sometimes watch the Antiques Roadshow on PBS, a documentary on the Discovery channel, or Man Vs. Food on the Travel channel.

As for Jackie E., I don't think she was lip synching, I think she is beyond gifted. And yes, I also thought of Charlotte Church as well.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)