Monday, August 30, 2010

Unmentionables...

Listening to my mum, it shows how much our society has grown and changed over the years. In her day if you referred to underwear or panties, they were called unmentionables.

I asked her if there was anything she needed up at the physical rehab place and she said she would like more of her unmentionables. I asked her if she meant panties or bras, since 'unmentionables' could be either or both. Instead she whispered, "There is a man here in my room."

So being the naughty person I am, I replied, "Ooh, and he wants your panties, mum?"

She was less than amused, saying, "Just listen to me. Bring up a few pairs."

"Ahh, panties it is. Oh is he gone, now?"

I was sorely chastised, "You never mention unmentionables in mixed company. That's why they are called unmentionables!"

Oops, I think I goofed. But considering the way our society has changed over the years, I think we can now happily yell panties in a crowded theater in front of men galore. In fact, they'd probably like it. lol. And yes, she has never read any of my erotic romances. lol. I think it's best, that way she doesn't have a seizure or something. :P

I wanted to take the dvd of the movie Date Night up for mum to watch, but she said the TV in her room doesn't have a dvd player. I think she would have liked that movie, as it had gangsters in it and I think she would have loved the premise, but probably not some of the language or references.

It reminded me a bit of the old Jack Lemmon flick, The Out of Towners. A series of mistakes when a couple heads into the Big Apple, leads them into trouble. :) I loved that movie.

Ahh, it's nearing the witching hour and I have much to do before I go to bed tonight, so until next time, wishing you and yours pleasant dreams...

Cass

3 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like your mum is doing much better!

Estella said...

So glad your mom is doing better!

Cassandra said...

Thank you both so much! ((hugs)) Mum is finally sitting up a bit and taking more interest in everything around her. Now if we can simply get her nausea under control so she will want to eat, whew!

All the best,
Cass