Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Birthday Bliss for Sis



Yesterday was my oldest sister's birthday and I took her out for a movie and dinner. She wanted to see The Help, so we checked and that movie is already gone from the major theaters in our area, but found it still playing at Village 8! Yay!

If you haven't seen The Help, it's a wonderful character driven ensemble film about doing the right thing and standing up for what you believe in and know is right.

I would recommend it to anyone who loves a great movie and doesn't need special effects and explosions to enjoy a flick.I also recommend reading the book first, since it's even better. :-)

After the movie, we went to Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner. I let her choose and was surprised when she suggested a steakhouse, since she usually picks a Chinese restaurant when given a chance. The food was delicious. I loved my baked potato and salad, and she said her steak was perfection. :-)

I gave her the presents Bear and I had bought for her, a lovely little kitty angel Santa pin with bells and yarn, and a Homedics heated foot massaging cordless machine. She seemed to like the presents. :)

When I got home I found some packages on my doorstep and several holiday cards. I admit I was beyond surprised. Bear placed them all in my lap and I sat in my chair weepy eyed at the generous outpouring of love and kindness from my friends.

I don't like to talk about it much, but if you've been reading this blog for a while, you may have seen glimpses, hints of why my life has been a giant kick in the teeth rollercoaster ride for the last three or four years, starting with my cancer diagnosis back in 2008. Add to that my mother's increasing illness and her death in 2010, and my situation with my home and with Bear (2010 and ongoing) and well—like I said, it's been a tough road and a rough ride.

I have hope and belief that next year will be better. I know my life will undergo major changes and things will be crazy and sad and difficult, but I also know that I am not alone and I have some amazing and incredible friends out there and with the love and caring of my family and my beloved friends and fans, I will get through it all.

With much love,
Cass "C.C."

No comments: