Thursday, September 8, 2011

Edits, Pork Rinds, AGT, Zombies, and Tarot

These days, it seems all I do are edits. But it makes sense in a way.

I'm in edits on two different projects: Naughty Little Secrets and Mr. Hawtness. Both are contemporaries and I think that's why the edits are kicking my ass. Before now, my only contemporary story was Compulsion, and I recall that story kicked my ass as well. My brain flows best when I'm knee deep in the woo-woo, I guess. lol. I'm hard-wired for paranormal.

Which is fine, except some ideas come to me full-blown in virtual color without a drop of the para in them. Knowing in advance my struggle with contemporaries, I usually shove the ideas in a binder and let them simmer until I can no longer ignore them. lol.

As a treat between rounds of edits, I'm writing a few scenes here and there on the sequel to my novella Shimmer, entitled Heart of Dixie. The other night while I'm flipping channels, I see an ad for a new show this fall, called Hart of Dixie, and I can only hope no shapeshifting aliens are involved. lol.

I'm on day three of my Countdown to Conference diet and having snack attacks. Usually the bad thing about snacking on a diet is I can't snack or I blow the diet and have to start from scratch again. But thanks to my critique partner and friend, author Cora Zane, on this diet, I can snack and be a good girl even while feeling like I'm cheating. My whole life I lived with the assumption that pork rinds were terribly bad for you and you were going off your diet in a big way if you ate them. So imagine my surprise when I learned that pork rinds are on the Atkin's diet and are a big fat O carbs! Wooyah!

Another happy discovery is that my favorite yummy spice mix tastes great sprinkled on them and I went through almost half a bag of pork rinds last night free of guilt. Now that is a great feeling! If you like chipotle, this stuff is amazing: http://chipotledryrub.weikelfoods.com/

My favorite TV variety show was on last night—America's Got Talent. I was really excited to see my top four all made it into the next round. If I have to pick it from this point on, I'd have to say it's going to come down to PopLyfe and Silhouettes. When I listen to PopLyfe, it's like they are already recording artists and are on the show promoting their next album, not competing for a spot in the finals—which they won. And Silhouettes never fail to fill me with this incredible surge of emotions. How often can you say that about a dance troupe? But that's just it. They're more than dance, they are also storytellers. It's going to be tough for me to choose which one to vote for as I love both acts. But it could come down to Team iLuminate and Silhouettes and that would be a difficult vote as well, because I also love the energy they bring to the stage.

The only one of my favorites that I don't see making it to the finals is Landau Eugene Murphy Jr., and that's only because I think more of the audience of voters are young people who will cast their votes for PopLyfe over Landau. Personally, I think Landau is already worthy of a Vegas show and could start his own new version of The Rat Pack. I know I'd pay to see him in Vegas.

Actually, each of the final four acts in this season's AGT are Vegas ready acts I'd pay to see. Who will win the ultimate prize? I don't know, but like millions, I'll be tuning in to see who is chosen the winner. Good luck to all four remaining contestants!

Speaking of favorite television shows, I'm excited about the new season of The Walking Dead. The promo trailer shown at Comic-Con looked amazing! I can't wait to see what happens next! Hoping Sophia makes it okay. Whew. That show is tense! The season premiere is October 16th on AMC channel.

Last but not least, I wanted to give everyone a *heads-up* alert that Cora and I will be in Second Life this Saturday, Sept. 10th for two separate sessions of free to the public tarot readings! I sure hope you can join us!

Free readings by the ladies of the Midnight Moon Cafe

Join RL authors Cassandra Curtis and Cora Zane for a fun, free tarot reading! Ask the cards a question, reveal past lives, gain insights on present issues, or take a glimpse at your future! * Event is in voice and/or private chat as per querant's discretion. Hope to see you there!
*For entertainment purposes only.

Date: Saturday, September 10, 2011

Time: 11am- 1pm SLT
Location: The Midnight Moon Cafe, Awen
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Awen/196/225/22


Time: 9:00-10:00pm SLT
Location: The Midnight Moon Cafe, Witches Island
http://slurl.com/secondlife/witchfest/47/230/701

No comments: