Monday, November 11, 2013

Reader Appreciation Week 2013!


Today through November 18th, 2013
 is Cassandra Curtis Reader Appreciation Week!

Post a comment on any of the blog posts during my Reader Appreciation Week time period and you'll be entered into a drawing for a $10 Amazon or Barnes and Noble gift card to be given away on November 19, 2013. 


Watch for mini-contests during the week to enter to win other prizes!

I appreciate all ya'll for following me on this writing journey. Oh, speaking of following me, if you don't follow me on Facebook, or you have friends who don't follow me, head over there now and click on my like button, because once I hit 200 likes on my author page, I'm making one of my ebooks FREE! 


Fun & Games Mini Contest For Monday, Nov. 11, 2013

I love to cook and bake, so of course, collecting cookbooks is one of my passions. To get your own cookbook collection started (or add to it), today's prize is the awesome recipe and idea book Homemade Christmas by Gooseberry Patch.


Filled with wonderful kid friendly ideas for Christmas craft projects and delicious recipes the entire family will enjoy, it will make a wonderful addition to your kitchen library. To enter, please leave a comment with one of your favorite holiday dishes. Winner will be drawn at random from all entries, on or around November 18, 2013
Contest ends midnight Saturday, November 16, 2013. Good Luck!

To buy your own copy of this awesome recipe book, go to: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/homemade-christmas-gooseberry-patch/1112055117

Remember, anyone leaving a comment for the mini-contests this week are also entered for the Amazon or B&N gift card drawing. 

Must be 18+ to enter. The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Contest void where prohibited by law. I strive to make my prize winners happy, however, as with all my contests, it is the participant’s responsibility to check the blog to see if their name is announced as a winner, and/or to respond to winning notification emails in order to claim your prize. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of contest winning announcement. If not claimed within 30 days, the prize will either be added to another contest, or a second chance drawing at my discretion. Not responsible for lost/stolen mail.  

 

14 comments:

Debby said...

We love Christmas cookies. Butter cookies, sugar cookies, peanut butter whirls, candy cane.....
debby236 at gmail dot com

Cassandra said...

Sounds yummy, Debby. I used to love to bake cookies with my niece and nephews, and now I get to bake with their kids. I think my gingerbread men cookies are the most fun and the kids do seem to enjoy making them almost as much as eating them. :)

N.J.Walters said...

Looks like a great cookbook, Cassandra. Reader Appreciation Week is such a great idea. :)

Cassandra said...

Hi N.J.! Thanks. I love it when my favorite authors have Reader Appreciation Week, so I figured it was high time I held one for my readers. :)

Unknown said...

We have 2 favorites. One is homemade noodles which is kinda like dumplings but cut into strip My dad used to make it every Thanksgiving and Christmas, and now I do the same since hes gone.(1 egg 1 cup flour and a lil chicken broth to make the dough, roll out cut into 2 inch long strips and drop into boiling chicken broth. Of course you can double triple quad this recipe :D I normall do around 4 eggs, 4 cups flour)

And our second is Monkey Bread. ( I found some people call it pull apart bread) Its Christmas morning breakfast. Every year kids halp put it together Christmas Eve night, and I pop it in the oven while they open gifts :)

Chris
no1lefthere at cox.net

Cassandra said...

Oh yum! I love homemade noodles and monkey bread is crazy delicious! I may have to make a Christmasy version of the bread, because sounds like it would be delish with Christmas Morning tea.

joye said...

Thanks for the giveaway. My thanks also go to the armed services on this their special day. I appreciate all the sacrifices they have made for our country.
JWIsley(at)aol(dot)com

Cassandra said...

Hi Joye! Thank you for stopping by and entering my contest. I also have great appreciation for all our Vets here in America and those in Canada and Britain as well. Many of the men in my family on both sides have fought in wars. I am forever thankful they made it back home safe. ((hugs))

JackieW said...

One of my favorite Holiday Dishes is Pumpkin Pie. I remember my grandmother baking pies and they always made the farmhouse smell so good. I eat it year round and don't wait till Holiday time. I love to bake; not so much cook but baking is fun and relaxing.
JFWisherd(at)aol(dot)com

Cassandra said...

Hi Jackie,
Pie is my weakness. I don't think I've met a pie I didn't love. :) I think the thing I enjoy most about baking is it brings back all these feel good memories from childhood, and I get nostalgic. So many fond moments with family and friends. Thanks for coming by to share your favorite dish with me.

CrystalGB said...

I love cookbooks. Thank you for the giveaway.

Mary Kirkland said...

My favorite holiday dish was always my mom's pumpkin bread. I had the recipe she used but I haven't tried to make it since she passed away 2 years ago.

miztik_rose@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

I thought I had replied...this is the book I so want to win. I LOVE Gooseberry Patch Cookbooks. They are some of the best out there. I love doing crafts especially for Christmas Time. Homemade gifts just mean so much more to me, KWIM.

angel.graham.1@gmail.com

Pamk said...

pecan pie, strawberry candy, and sugar cookies with icing. Still remember making them with my mom when I was little and still make them for my boys and sometimes with them.