Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reader Appreciation Week: Day 4

Time for a little fun courtesy of Throwback Thursday. ;)



I thought it might be fun to do a Throwback Thursday and have my readers chime in and tell me some of their favorite memories/songs/clothes from the coolest, most fun era around. Scroll down for contest news!











Fun & Games Mini Contest For Thursday, Nov. 14, 2013


 
To enter to win the prize package shown above (Prizes include: pink and black zebra striped wayfarer-styled UV sunglasses, T-shirt clips, Blondie buttons, an I LOVE THE 80s magnetic, and big .925 silver plated green topaz chandelier style earrings.), leave a comment on this post sharing your fondest 80's memories. I'll even start the game by sharing one of my funnier memories from the 80's era.


I remember one summer back in the 80's, some friends and I were shopping at the downtown Galleria. The heat index was insane, but we figured we'd be okay indoors. I remember I was wearing my pink transparent jellies (shoes), my ripped acid washed jeans and baby blue polka dot blouse with the white cuffed cap sleeves. I thought I was so chic. lol
As we left and were walking back to the parking garage with our purchases, I stumbled. My shoes got sticky and appeared to be melting on the asphalt! I tried to run the rest of the way before they could stick again, and they came completely off. I sprained my ankle and in my friends effort to help me, two of them also got stuck as their jellies got sticky on the asphalt. Now there were three of us, and we had to get our friend who was the only one wearing Reeboks, to run the rest of the way to our car and drive it back to get us. To an onlooker, we had to be the silliest thing this side of spray on hair; three young women all holding on to each other and hopping to keep from burning our feet on melting plastic shoes or the equally hot pavement. lol

Next?

Winner will be drawn at random from all entries, on or around November 19, 2013 Contest ends midnight Sunday, November 17, 2013. Good Luck!

Remember, anyone leaving a comment for the mini-contests this week are also entered for the Amazon or B&N gift card drawing. 

Must be 18+ to enter. The odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Contest void where prohibited by law. I strive to make my prize winners happy, however, as with all my contests, it is the participant’s responsibility to check the blog to see if their name is announced as a winner, and/or to respond to winning notification emails in order to claim your prize. Prizes must be claimed within 30 days of contest winning announcement. If not claimed within 30 days, the prize will either be added to another contest, or a second chance drawing at my discretion. Not responsible for lost/stolen mail. 

4 comments:

Mary Kirkland said...

I was a teenager in the 80's so it was probably the best time of my life. I remember one time I won an award at school for two free dinners at some swanky Italian place I had never been to. I didn't realize it was a nice dress up sort of place and I asked my mom to go with me because I thought it would be nice to take her out. I went wearing a neon pink over sized shirt and stone washed jean shorts that had holes in them as well as flip flops. My mom was wearing a sun dress and flip flops and we stuck out like sore thumbs in this place but they served us and we had a great meal and then we laughed all the way home about it.

miztik_rose@yahoo.com

CrystalGB said...

I remember having big hair, wearing leg warmers, gellies, acid washed jeans and loving all the big hair rock bands.

Unknown said...

I remember Mr. T, the A Team, Fame, legwarmers. The funny thing is the most of the kids in my school looked more like throwbacks to the 1950's.

angel.graham.1@gmail.com

Pamk said...

rofl I remember those shoes. everyone had them and for us that lived in places with hot pavement these were awful. lol.
loved the acid washed jeans and the big hair