Monday, October 25, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Getting very psyched for Samhain and Halloween. I'm seriously thinking about dressing up as a zombie. I think I've got the walk down pat. :P These last few weeks have been crazy, trying to be at the hospital or nursing home every day, then coming home late in the afternoon and flopping into the recliner the minute my feet hit the living room floor. It's not that I'm doing that much. But there is something about just sitting at the hospital or the nursing home. After about two hours, my butt is numb, and my brain isn't far behind. *pun intended*

Mum always gives me a list of things to bring. Today, my list consists of phone calls to make on her behalf, and paperwork snaffu to resolve.

Tomorrow, I'll fix salmon croquettes and take them up for her and the nursing and aide staff. Yes, the nursing and aide staff. You see, mum likes to promise things on other people's behalf. That way you can't really back out or back down when she hits you between the eyes with her latest gambit. lol. But it's okay. I have about eight cans of salmon sitting in my pantry, waiting for me to figure out what to do with them, so it's all good. :)

Plus, if she feels well enough to play her usual games, then she's getting at least a little better. :P

I can just picture it, me carrying in this large serving platter of warm salmon patties, and like 200 cats following me as I walk toward the entrance to the nursing home, taking turns under my feet, trying to trip me up, so they get a free meal. lol

If I don't make it back, you'll know I was catnapped and taken to their secret lair, forced to become their chef. :P

Bon Appetite
Cass

1 comment:

Mary Kirkland said...

Sounds like a good idea. Hope everything went well with the visit and the salmon.