Saturday, October 9, 2010

What's in a name...?


Standing in the books section at my local grocery store, reading the blurbs (my favorite thing to do) and I come across the name of one of my best online friends, Jax Cassidy. I did a double take and then I had to take a picture. I forget the name of the author or the title of the story. Should have written it down. But I love it when stuff like this happens. :)

Just as a curiosity, has anyone ever seen a book with a character named Cassandra Curtis? If you have, I'd love to know about it. I think it's very cool and neat.

What would you think if you saw your name in a book blurb? Would it cause you to buy the book?

4 comments:

Estella said...

I would probably buy the book,because my name is uncommon.

Jax Cassidy said...

Did you read the Acknowledgment? My friend Karin Harlow asked me if she could use my name for her book ENEMY LOVER. She thought it was a great kick-butt heroine name..and the rest is history. :) At least more people are googling me since the book came out. LOL

Cassandra said...

Oh that is way cool, and I agree, Jax Cassidy is one wicked awesome kick-butt name! Woot!

Mary Kirkland said...

That's so cool! I've never read a book where the character had my name or anyone's name that I knew. But that would indeed be a hoot.