Monday, April 4, 2011

To Wit

I've always admired authors with a talent for writing great dialogue. Especially sexy and witty banter between the hero and heroine. The chemistry literally zings between the characters and you can almost smell the phermones coming off the page.

But how do you write sexy banter? There has to be a smooth rhythm, right? I mean, this is verbal sex. Not necessarily crude, crass, or dirty. More like fun, playful, and hot.


So, to the readers out there: Do you like sexy banter in a book?

And to my fellow writers: Do you write it and how the heck do you pull it off without sounding too silly for words?

2 comments:

Estella said...

I enjoy sexy banter in a book.To me it sets the scene for what happens later.

Cassandra said...

Oh yes, I completely agree, Estella. I think if done right, sexy banter can make for some hot fireworks later in the story. :D